How to Use Exit Intents to Improve Conversion Rates?
You’ve put a lot of time, money, and effort into creating a stunning website or online store for your company. You have thus invested a lot of time and energy into expanding your internet audience, just like practically all businesses and marketers do. Your website’s visitors arrived there because they thought you provided the answers, products, or services they required.
But all too often, the visitors arrive, read as much as they can, and then permanently depart your website. This is referred to as an exit in analytics. But what if website visitors decide to leave without buying anything? Has your company put a plan in place to attempt and avert these lost sales? This is known as an exit intent popup
What is Exit Intent?
Several things happen when a visitor to your page decides to leave:
Direction – Their mouse pointer advances up the page and toward the browser’s address bar.
Velocity – Their mouse pointer might move more quickly in the direction of the browser’s address bar.
Gesture – They stop scrolling and their mouse pointer stops moving down the page.
Experts in conversion optimization recognized this pattern and inserted straightforward code into the pages that can watch the mouse cursor and foretell when a visitor will go.
How Effective Are Exit Intent Pop-Ups?
A business might anticipate a 3% to 300% increase in engagement thanks to this useful conversion rate optimization (CRO) technology, according to numerous sources. Why not at the very least make an effort to converse with a person who you know is departing? Here are the top 5 benefits of exit pop-ups:
- They are incredibly successful in keeping a visitor on your site who is about to leave. The exit intent pop-up is credited with a 30% to 300% boost in sales, according to various sources;
- Compared to pop-up ads, they are less bothersome when a visitor is interacting with your website. Exit intent pop-ups offer clients a better user experience because they are less annoying to potential customers than other pop-up advertisements;
- They offer a direct, uncluttered call to action (CTA). Your visitors will gradually take fewer actions the more options you provide;
- They provide a final opportunity to convert leads. By reiterating the CTA that was utilized on the home page, you can strengthen your initial offer;
- They carry comparatively little danger. This is because a visitor you are attempting to attract is about to depart anyhow, so there is nothing to lose.
Of course, remember to follow the guidance:
- Pay close attention to the layout
Most of your potential buyers won’t ever learn about your product and the value it gives if you don’t wow visitors with design;
- Optimize your content.
Create a succinct, boiled explanation that uses the fewest words possible to perfectly express the intended information;
- Make sure it is relevant to the content
The worst thing you can do is show a pop-up with no session-related information;
- Provide a way for the popup to be closed or exited.
Your leave pop-up should always have a clear and visible close button;
- Avoid being annoying
- Avoid giving them the same pop-up for p to 2 months if a visitor clicks the negative CTA to close the window;
- Include a reference or review to underline your offer
- Your pop-up advertisement may include some of the well-known businesses you have collaborated with or may simply emphasize your satisfied clients as testimonials;
- Test and modify various formats
- The only way to create a pop-up that is effective for you is to test various possibilities and gauge how your audience responds to them.
How Can Exit Popups Assist Your Business?
Let’s delve deeper into the subject by talking about three ways your business might use this strategy to boost profits.
Create email lists, and produce leads
In actuality, some website visitors aren’t prepared to make a purchase straight immediately. Your business should concentrate on methods to take advantage of the situation rather than getting frustrated. Encourage visitors to sign up for communications from your company before they leave your website. This gives you the go-ahead to contact past visitors again in the future to alert them of impending product deals. Even though your customers might not be prepared to make a purchase right now, you should nonetheless make an effort to close the deal later on.
2. Learn the reasons why your customers aren’t purchasing.
We are all aware of how annoying it may be for customers to add your digital goods or program to their shopping carts before leaving your website without purchasing it. By asking your customers to explain why they choose not to purchase at this time, exit-intent surveys assist demystify the cause of cart abandonment. Perhaps you have too high of prices? Or does your solution lack a crucial component? Who knows, you might just find important insights that greatly enhance your product offerings or suggest a fresh approach to streamlining the purchasing process on your website.
3. Keep your company alive for a second chance to sell
Your exit-intent popup, in a sense, serves as a “safety net” that is prepared to grab your customers’ attention by repeating your messaging or urging them to think twice before purchasing your online business. Companies frequently use popups that implement one of the next three techniques to do this:
Sometimes even being upfront about a product’s limitations is sufficient to facilitate a sale. If your buyers are aware that there is a finite amount available, they can consider your product to be more valuable.
Who doesn’t enjoy finding a nice deal or a discount? By providing a sizable discount on their purchase if they sign up for your good or service right away, you can assist your visitors in making a purchase.
It’s possible that your visitor wasn’t a perfect fit for your initial product or service, but the dialogue need not end there. Another technique to perhaps boost a sale is to provide your visitors with individualized product recommendations depending on their activity on your website.
Exit-intent technology and methods, when used effectively, can increase your conversion rate by generating leads and giving you important information about your customers’ preferences. Customers will typically welcome the subtle reminder to buy as long as your business doesn’t utilize overly intrusive popups.
Follow TechR for more!